Thursday, March 19, 2015

no stamping. . . .

was used for this card that I made for a friend's birthday:


Didn't want to put the sentiment on the outside, so it is stamped on the inside along with my handwritten birthday wishes.  First, I did a bit of watercolor to create the background and spritzed it with Ranger's  heirloom gold spray.  The stitched square die is from MFT. Stickles gold glitter was added to the flower centers.  The flower die is from SSS, as is the thin frame die.  I love the definition it gives to the overall design.  Again, I used MFT's ripe raspberry cardstock. You will probably get sick of seeing this cardstock because I really like it. 

Challenges:

The Card Concept (I am going with clean and layered):  inspired by the pink and white cupcakes.


Simon Says Stamp:  inspired by the pink and white hat.


Thank you for your sweet comments; they are very encouraging to this old lady!!

14 comments:

walchowDesign said...

The flower die fits perfectly on the lovely spritzed bg, Joy!

Virginia L. said...

You are so creative! I don't miss seeing stamping here, Joy! The inked background is so gorgeous! Love your take on this :) Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Easter Spring/Pinterest” Challenge!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your inked background, Joy! Perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

Becca Cruger said...

Gorgeous! That watercolor square is absolutely the coolest. And you always do the greatest things with dies!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous! Love this, it is so beautifully delicate. The die is enhanced by the soft watercolors. Now I have something else on my wish list!

Cindy C. said...

It's a lovely card, love the colours!!

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful card Joy! Love the background for the flower, and I love that color cardstock as well! TFS

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful card Joy! You must have a stash of dies almost as big as the stamp stash:):)

Dawn T said...

delightful card Joy

Greta said...

Hurrah--enjoy spending your SSS GC! This is just beautiful, Joy! I know your friend loves it!

Carol McCready said...

I'm sure your friend will love the card.

The watercolor background looks great.

That cardstock is gorgeous. I don't believe I'll get tired of seeing it.

Unknown said...

Your design is so sweet!! & love your colors in the background:)

Geri said...

How can anyone get sick of this yummy raspberry cs....it's gorgeous! I really like your inked panel that you created. It's such a great way to highlight the pretty, dainty diecut! Great call to put the sentiment inside. Thanks for choosing to share your card with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

maria f. said...

What a great take on that lovely cupcake photo. The white die cut is so striking.