Tuesday, March 3, 2015

my card. . . .

for the February card chain challenge:


I recently acquired a few Penny Black Stamps and had fun making this card for Marga in Spain.  I forgot to take a photo of it before sending it out, so Marga graciously did so and sent it to Deborah for her reveal.  Here is the link to the February reveal on Deborah's blog.

Color pencils were used for coloring and the embossing folder is by Anna Griffin for Cuttlebug.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and the circle dies are from MFT.

Things have been very busy around here despite the cold and snow, so I have not had time to do much stamping.  I have a few cards in the works; hope to finish them today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your visit!

9 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love that delicate flower stamp and the texture from the embossed background!

Linda Kunsman said...

what a lovely card, and the fuschia buds remind me of summer and hummingbirds!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a pretty image and I love the embossed background!

Lin said...

So pretty, Joy! Love the beautiful focal image, and the embossing makes it stand out all the more!

Greta said...

I know Marga was thrilled to receive this beauty, Joy! Your coloring is so lovely & that's a wonderful embossing folder! Stay safe & warm, my friend!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Joy!
Thank You~

lostinpaper said...

I'll bet she love it Joy, it's absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration and for reminding me that I have some awesome embossing folders here in my stash too... somewhere lol.

Becca Cruger said...

Oh this is so lovely! The great doily and beautiful drooping flowers just make this super special.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Joy, it is so delicate and I really like the dry embossing on your panel, while not the same as your main image, it definitely gives a similar delicate feel.