Monday, February 18, 2013

nine years ago. . . .

in March, my youngest granddaughter, Miya, was born in Parker CO.  I can hardly believe she will be nine!!  Where does the time go?

Here is the card I made to send to her:


Miya has been called "princess" by her daddy and two older brothers since she was born, so I just had to use the princess banner from a My Mind's Eye patterned paper pad.  The rest of the card is pretty much self-explanatory.  I used paper piecing, masking, die-cutting, dry embossing and lots of layering.

Enjoy your day!!

9 comments:

Lin said...

What a lovely name, Joy! Happy Birthday to this special little girl - she'll love her card!

Brenda said...

You are going to make Miya very happy with this card Joy! That little princess is truly precious!

Linda Kunsman said...

what an adorable card Joy!! and happy birthday to your sweet granddaughter Miya!

Robin K. said...

Where does the time go?!!! I know your granddaughter will love this very thoughtful and sweet card Joy!

Cindy C. said...

They grow up too fast, don't they? Your card is really sweet!

Dawn T said...

very sweet Joy. Happy Birthday to Miya.

walchowDesign said...

I am sure Miya will be thrilled to receive this sweet card, Joy!

Maureen Morton said...

What a perfectly sweet card for a little (or, not so little) princess! You are blessed to have such a sweet girl and she is lucky to have you, too.

Bibiana Martinez-Ziegler said...

Hi joy; it's me Bibiana...A while ago you visited my blog through Maureens...now I have set up the e-mail subscribers, that you asked for...hope to see you back at my blog ...
http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/
love your card...it is so cute
bye
bibiana